Learner Guide with Unit Content, Assessment Tasks, Competency Records, Benchmark Answers and Assessment Mapping for MEM05050 Perform routine gas metal arc welding.
This unit of competency defines the skills and knowledge required to prepare materials and carry out routine gas metal arc welding (GMAW) and applies in a maintenance or manufacturing environment where the weld quality is not required to meet an Australian Standard or equivalent.
Where welding is required to meet AS 1554 General Purpose or equivalent codes, work health and safety (WHS) regulations and/or licensing requirements unit MEM05017 Weld using gas metal arc welding process should also be selected.
Where the interpretation of technical drawings is required unit MEM09002 Interpret technical drawing should also be selected.
Where the selection and use of engineering measurement is required unit MEM12023 Perform engineering measurements should also be selected.
Where the selection and use of tools is required unit MEM18001 Use hand tools and unit MEM18002 Use power tools/hand held operations, should also be selected as appropriate.
FORMAT: Customisable MS Word
Qualifications that include this unit
- CPC32720 – Certificate III in Gas Fitting
- PMB30121 – Certificate III in Polymer Processing
- AHC30116 – Certificate III in Agriculture
- MEM40119 – Certificate IV in Engineering
- MEM30119 – Certificate III in Engineering – Production Systems
- MEM31219 – Certificate III in Engineering – Industrial Electrician
- CPC30216 – Certificate III in Signs and Graphics
- CPC32420 – Certificate III in Plumbing
- FWP31019 – Certificate III in Saw Technology
- MEM30219 – Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade
- MEM31519 – Certificate III in Engineering – Toolmaking Trade
- MEM30919 – Certificate III in Boating Services
- CPC32620 – Certificate III in Roof Plumbing
- MEM31419 – Certificate III in Engineering – Fixed and Mobile Plant Mechanic
- MEM20219 – Certificate II in Engineering – Production Technology
- MEM31319 – Certificate III in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- MEM30319 – Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade
- MST30220 – Certificate III in Manufactured Textile Products
- MEM50119 – Diploma of Engineering – Advanced Trade
- CPC20220 – Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- MEM30719 – Certificate III in Marine Craft Construction
- MST30216 – Certificate III in Manufactured Textile Products
Accredited courses that have this unit in the completion mapping
- 52858WA – Certificate II in Welding for Shipbuilding