Learner Guide with Unit Content, Assessment Tasks, Competency Records, Benchmark Answers and Assessment Mapping for SITTIND001 Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry.
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to source and use current and emerging information on the tourism and travel industry. This includes industry structures, technology, laws and ethical issues specifically relevant to the tourism and travel industry. Tourism and travel personnel integrate this essential knowledge on a daily basis to work effectively in the industry.
This unit applies to all tourism and travel sectors and people working at different levels. Managers will use more formal research to attain specialised and comprehensive knowledge which supports product planning, marketing and strategic management activities. This is covered within other units of competency.
This unit is not about having in-depth knowledge but focuses on the ability to source and interpret information relevant to day-to-day activities in order to maximise performance.
FORMAT: Customisable MS Word
Qualifications that include this unit
- SIT30316 – Certificate III in Guiding
- SIT30116 – Certificate III in Tourism
- SIT50116 – Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
- SIT60116 – Advanced Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
- SIT40416 – Certificate IV in Hospitality
- SIT30216 – Certificate III in Travel
- SIT20116 – Certificate II in Tourism
- SIT40216 – Certificate IV in Guiding
- SIT40116 – Certificate IV in Travel and Tourism